CLASS 1 - INTRO
+£0.95 Booking Fee
CLASS 2 - NOVICE
+£0.95 Booking Fee
CLASS 3 - INTERMEDIATE
+£0.95 Booking Fee
CLASS 4 - OPEN
+£0.95 Booking Fee
EVENTER CHALLENGE 12TH OCTOBER 2019
Newbold Verdon Equestrian Centre & Misterton Riding Club
Dressage test followed by a combined showjumping and cross-country round.
Dressage tests to be performed in the indoor arena, you will then have time to change tack and equipment before going up to the cross country course. The jumping course will consist of 8 Show jumps on grass followed immediately by a shortened cross country course on our British Eventing Accredited cross country built by Lloyd Hunt.
Dressage to start 9am Prompt, Jumping to start 10am onwards.
Class 1: Intro – Height of jumps approx 60cm and Prelim 1 (2006)
Class 2: Novice - Height of jumps approx 70cm and Prelim 7 (2016)
Class 3: Intermediate - Height of jumps approx 80cm and Prelim 18 (2016)
Class 4: Open - Height of jumps approx 90cm and Prelim 18 (2006)
Rosettes 1st - 6th. Please note where there are a large number of entries classes will be split into junior and senior sections.
Misterton Training members £30
Misterton Members £35
Non Members £40
- There will be onsite refreshments and first aid cover.
- Closing date 13th September 2019 for Misterton members via My Riding Club. 7th October for non-member entries via Equo. Misterton members who fail to book prior to 13th September will be required to book via Equo Events and pay the full amount of £40.
- Times will be available on Wednesday 9th October 2019 Via Equo & the website www.nvec-competitioncentre.co.uk
- A professional photographer will be present on the day and you will be able to purchase your printed images and take them home.
- Number bibs are used at all competitions please remember to bring your own.
- Dressage attire - Navy, black or hacking jackets with cream/white jodhpurs.
- Jumping attire - XC kit (long sleeves) BODY PROTECTORS: A body protector is obligatory in the jumping phase. A BETA Level 3 (purple label) which has been manufactured in the year 2009 or blue label 2018 must be worn. Body protectors should be fitted and worn as per the manufacturer’s instructions. The up to date BETA list of body protectors can be obtained from www.beta-uk.org. If a rider chooses to wear an airbag style body protector it must be worn over a permitted body protector and if activated, must be deflated or removed before continuing. Hybrid Air-jackets are permitted. Riders wearing Exo Body Cage (2000) protectors must inform the secretary at all events.
- Back protectors & Hats must be presented to the official steward for checking when declaring.
ABSOLUTELY NO STOPWATCHES TO BE WORN AND NO OUTSIDE ASSISTANCE TO BE GIVEN – if deemed to be assisted the combination will be eliminated.
Medical arm bands are compulsory; these must be worn on the arm
Health and Safety Statement
The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of every person present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and all the officials and stewards.
Please take special care to ensure the safety of children. Children must be supervised at all times.
Disclaimer of Liability
Save for death or injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, for themselves, their servants, agents, employees and all those connected with the event, do not accept liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, vehicles, their contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or statutory duty or any way whatsoever of themselves, their servants, agents, employees and all those connected with the event.
Reservation of Right
The Organisers reserve the right to: Cancel any class or section; Divide any class; Transfer competitors between sections of a class; Alter the advertised times, and Refuse any entry.
PLEASE TAKE YOUR RUBBISH HOME AND DO NOT MUCK OUT YOUR HORSEBOX ON OUR GROUNDS.
DO NOT TIE HAYNETS TO THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR LORRY / TRAILER. DO NOT LEAVE HORSE/S TIED TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX UNATTENDED
Terms & Conditions
- The winner of each competition will be the competitor with the lowest combined dressage and jumping score.
- Objections as to eligibility for any class must be lodged with the secretary with a £30 deposit (Refundable if proven) within 10 minutes of the class finishing.
- Skull Caps to standard PAS015 or SEI ASTM F1163 04a onwards and SNELL E2001 must be worn. Hats with a fixed peak are not permitted in the jumping phase. SJ or XC attire can be worn. Body Protectors are compulsory. Anyone starting the course without a Body protector will be eliminated. Hat-cams are not permitted.
- Any competitor will be disqualified for dangerous riding, misuse of whips or spurs, or abusive conduct towards the judges, marshals or the secretary. This will be a joint decision made by the judge & one member of the organising committee.
- All entry fees are non-refundable unless a veterinary certificate is presented before the commencement of the class.
- Combined showjumping and cross country phase will be run under BRC Rules.
- Any combination eliminated in the show jumping phase will not be allowed to continue onto the XC phase.
- The organisers, or anyone acting on their behalf, shall not be liable for any accident, damage, theft or injury to persons attending the event or to animals or property however caused. All persons competing do so entirely at their own risk.
- Submission of an entry will be deemed to include acceptance of these conditions. No entry will be accepted without the correct entry fee.